Fascinating Essential Oils Uses & Benefits
The world of essential oils is vast, intriguing, and honestly, a tad confusing. Are these plant extracts actually that powerful? (Yes.)
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years in various cultures for medicinal and health purposes. Because of their antidepressant, stimulating, detoxifying, antibacterial, antiviral and calming properties, essential oils are recently gaining popularity as a natural, safe and cost-effective therapy for a number of health concerns.
The particles in essential oils come from distilling or extracting the different parts of plants, including the flowers, leaves, bark, roots, resin and peels.
In fact, just one drop of an essential oil can have powerful health benefits.
Here’s a list of 10 popular essential oils and the health claims associated with them:
- Peppermint: Used to relieve muscle discomfort, improves respiratory health and energy boosting
- Orange: Helps with heartburn, anti-carcinogenic properties and helps in lowering cholesterol
- Lemon: Used to shed toxins from the body and .improves skin tone and quality
- Lavender: Aids restful sleep, soothes all type of skin issues, stress calmer
- Rose: Used to improve mood and reduce anxiety.
- Tea Tree: Used to fight infections and boost immunity.
- Jasmine: Used to help with depression, childbirth and libido.
- Lemongrass: Used to relieves gastric issues, reduce fever and act as a natural deodorizer
- Eucalyptus: Used to relieves respiratory issues, .relieves shingles and a good sinus soother
- Clary Sage: Used to compliments hair care, promotes relaxation and relieve hot flashes
What are the Essential Oil Benefits?
- Improve Mood and Set a Positive Atmosphere
Want to have the feeling of been energized, optimistic and hopeful? Essential oils come with that scents, powerful stimuli that directly enter the brain, triggering intense emotional responses.
At the result of inhaling essential oils, your brain signal certain emotions that can leave you on the spot of high energy.
- Relaxation and Sleep
Aromatherapy through several studies has proven to be useful in treating psychological disorders such as stress, depression, and anxiety.
You can significantly reduce negative emotional conditions when you use essential oils
- Reduce irritation and inflammation
There are essential oils that possess powerful anti-inflammatory properties that, when used on the skin, reduce irritation and inflammation. These oils may either be applied directly to skin or used with a carrier oil.
- Beneficial for Pain Relief
Aromatherapy can significantly reduce pain, as the oils can be absorbed through the skin. The topical use of essential oils in the treatment of pain is completely safe and works quickly.
- Anti-carcinogenic, anti-fungal, antibacterial and Boost the Immune System
Many essential oils have anti-carcinogenic, anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties that can prevent the development of certain illnesses and a good immune booster
- Heal Skin Irritations
The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of essential oils make them a highly effective natural method to healing skin irritations of all kinds.
When applied topically to the skin, these essential oils quickly get absorbed into the deeper levels of skin tissue and promote healing.
- Safer Alternative to Candles and Incense
Aromatherapy makes home smell wonderful in a completely safe way via the oil diffuser, which is a good replacement for candles and incense that can put your home at risk of fire.
An oil diffuser is a small device that can be placed on any surface of your home. It acts as a miniature humidifier, filling the room with steam or sonically induced water vapour.
There’s no wonder why, considering the high cost of health care bills and the side effects of conventional medications, adding essential oils to your personal medicine cabinet can make a world of difference